Skateboarding Is Great For Your Heart, Your Body, & Your Mental HealthAug 5, 2020
Top: here, Shorts: here, Shoes: here, Hair scarf: hereIf you’ve followed me for awhile now, you know I love staying active by trying all sorts of different workouts. Apps, in-person classes, virtual classes, at-home workouts, you name it, and I’ve probably tried it. This week, I’ve been skateboarding around the neighborhood more than usual, and it’s made me really happy. I don’t do any tricks. I get scared when skateboarding downhill, but it keeps me feeling young and reminds me not to take myself too seriously. I thought I would share about my experience incase you want to try some time!
Benefits of skateboarding
- Skateboarding is technically considered a full workout even though it doesn’t feel like it while you are riding.
- It’s great for the cardiovascular system and it tones the lower body.
- I also feel my abs being strengthened, because I’m using my core to balance on the board the entire time.
- It’s great for burning calories.
- It helps cheer you up if you’re in a sad mood (as does any exercise).
- It provides you with a healthy outlet or form of escape after a hard day.
- My husband and I use skateboarding as a way to bond since we both enjoy being active. (He’s much better than me, but it’s still fun to play and be outside together).
Oh my goodness I can honestly say I have ridden on a skateboard very slowly but I haven’t actually “skateboarded”. Cute pics by the way!