10 Things You’d Never Know About Writing A BookJan 18, 2024
For a words person like me, writing a book is the thrill of a lifetime. I’m starting on my second book now and I’m more at ease with the process this time. If you’re wanting to write a book too, here are ten things to keep in mind. Things I wish I knew before starting.
- After you finalize the manuscript, it takes around 12 months before it’s published.
- There are many publishing avenues, all of which vary. Do your research.
- Every editor has their own style and it’s important to find ones that you vibe with.
- Generally, there are different word counts for different genres.
- You will establish daily rituals and rhythms to sustain your writing process.
- If you want the book to sell, you are responsible for marketing it.
- Your book won’t be for everyone. Find your people.
- Have thick skin and scrap your writing until it’s near perfect.
- It’s a difficult undertaking. Many people say that they would like to write a book someday. Only a small percentage of people do the work.
- Get inspired internally and externally. Pray for fresh insight from God and go to museums, galleries, concerts, etc.
Shop these writing-inspired items below to help you get started.